About the reserve
At the moment there are 7 rooms available:
- 1 room with double bed and private bathroom,
- 2 rooms with 2 single beds and private bathroom,
- 3 rooms with 2 single beds (with shared bathroom),
- 1 canopy tower room with 2 single beds or 1 double bed (no shower).
It is also possible to stay comfortably overnight in the jungle. We have several large tents.
The reserve has electricity (120 V, 60 Hz) and all rooms have light.
The most sustainable ecolodge?
We took some measures to become one of the most sustainable lodge.
- For the construction of the lodge and bungalows, we used the wood of fallen trees as much as possible.
- Most waste is recycled. There are separate containers for organics (composted), plastic, paper/cardboard, batteries, glass and metals. Basically there is only plastic waste.
- We grow our own biological vegetables and condiments as much as possible. As especially red meat has a huge impact on deforestation, we use it less frequent. We often serve tasty complete vegetarian meals based on a mix of Colombian and Asian recipes.
- The lodge is equipped with only 2 kW of solar panels and only 250 Ah of batteries. But automatic switches make optimal use of this energy.
- Toilets work with a double biological filtration system. Therefore do not flush soap or chemicals in the toilet. All showers are equipped with biological soap dispensers. Waste water goes to a separate filtration system. Sheets and towels are normally not changed every day.
- We work closely with the Colombian National Parks, as the “island” is neighbouring the Ingi-Ande National Park. The lodge generates an income to the local community. We try to convince local people that there is a better alternative than hunting, deforestation and coca cultivation. (Did you know that the ecological footprint of cocaine is gigantic and disastrous for the Amazon rainforest?)
- But our most sustainable measure is that with your support we want to save more surrounding forests from (illegal) logging and hunting.
We keep a high safety standard in and around the lodge. All canopy platforms are only accessible with safety gear. All trails are regularly inspected and fallen trees are removed. Difficult sections have been provided with railings.